Aug 26th, 2010 by Annie
Yellow Squash Casserole Recipe
Squash, cheese and Ritz Crackers make this casserole scrumptious!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Serves: 8
- 2 pounds of yellow squash (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 sleeve of Ritz Crackers (about 35 crackers)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly steam squash and onion in steamer basket* for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and cheese.
- In large bowl, add drained squash and onion and gently fold in 1/2 the cracker/cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk, then add to squash mixture.
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter. Add half the melted butter to the squash mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread squash mixture into 9 x 13″ baking dish. Top with remaining crackers and pour remaining butter over dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes until lightly brown.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.