Jun 27th, 2010 by Marilyn
Yankee Baked Beans Recipe with Molasses
This Yankee Baked Bean recipe is very simple and made with canned beans to save on time. The aroma that fills the air will make your mouth water.
Inspired by Olive Kitteridge
Click here for book club party ideas for Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout.
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours Servings: 8 – 10
- 4 (15.5 ounce) cans of navy beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 pound bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and saute onions and garlic until onions are translucent. Remove onions from skillet. Place skillet back on burner and add bacon. Cook until bacon just begins to crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Place drained beans, sauteed onions and garlic, and cooked bacon in a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan, combine molasses, salt, pepper, mustard, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon and water. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over beans. Gently stir until all beans are coated.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and continue baking for 30 minutes until sauce is bubbling.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.