Wisconsin Wild Rice Recipe
Wild rice has a rich nutty flavor and is grown in the Lake Superior region of Wisconsin.
Inspired by The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 1 1/2 hours Serves: 6-8
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice or wild rice/long grain brown rice mix, rinsed well
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 1 1/2 quart glass casserole dish.
- Melt butter in heavy skillet. Add rice, green onion and mushrooms. Stir mixture over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Transfer rice mixture to prepared glass casserole dish. Pour chicken stock over rice, cover with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.