Jun 12th, 2012 by Annie
Spicy Cilantro Rice Recipe
I love this versatile cilantro rice recipe. It packs the kick of pepper and the tang of lime. It can be served with many different dishes, but is especially great with Indian and Mexican food.
Inspired by Life of Pi
Prep Time: 10 minutes + rice cook time Servings: 6-8
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt, as needed
- Prepare rice, according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan and saute chopped green onion and pepper about 5 minutes. Add the sauteed onion and pepper to the cooked rice. Stir in the grated ginger, lime juice and chopped cilantro. Taste and adjust salt, as needed.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.