Nov 8th, 2010 by Lisa
Red Cabbage with Caraway Seeds Recipe
This colorful dish has a tang from the vinegar and a sweetness from the honey. It tastes better if stored in the refrigerator overnight to let the flavors meld.
Inspired by The Invisible Bridge
Prep: 10 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes Serves: 8
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 large head red cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet and sauté the onion and garlic until just turning translucent. Add the caraway seeds and sauté 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Place the cabbage in a large pot and add the onions, water, honey, cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is soft, about 35 minutes. You can serve warm or allow it to set in the refrigerator overnight to let the flavors meld. Warm up before serving.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.