Aug 17th, 2010 by Annie
Ranch Pinto Beans Recipe
I love the smell of rich and flavorful pinto beans cooking in the kitchen!
Inspired by Caramelo
Prep Time: 1 hour Cook Time: 3-4 hours Serves: 10-12
- 1 pound of pinto beans, sorted and rinsed well
- 6 cups of water
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground comino (cumin)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Several dashes of hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1/2 pound bacon, sliced into small pieces
- Place sorted, rinsed pinto beans in large pot. Cover with water and bring to boil. Removed from heat, cover and allow to sit for 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse beans. Return to large pot, cover with water and bring to boil. Add garlic, brown sugar, comino, salt, black pepper, pepper sauce and bacon. Lower heat and simmer until beans are soft, about 3-4 hours. Add water as needed during cooking time. Add more salt if needed.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.