Jul 15th, 2011 by Annie
Mosaic of Vegetables Recipe
A healthy mosaic of vegetables with a light dressing is a complement to any meal. The pine nuts in this vegetable medley dish add a nice and flavorful crunch.
Inspired by Clara and Mr. Tiffany
Prep Time: 20 minutes Yield: 6-8 servings
- 8 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 3-4 carrots, sliced
- 10 small boiling onions
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, roasted*
- Add water and salt to large saucepan and bring to boil.
- Cook vegetables in boiling water 5 minutes; drain. Place vegetables in large serving bowl.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss the dressing with vegetables. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
*Roasting Pine Nuts: Place pine nuts in a small pan over medium high heat. Shake pan frequently until pine nuts roast to a golden brown.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.