Biryani with Raisins, Nuts and Peas Recipe
A delightful Pakistani and Indian dish that can be served with just about everything.
Biryani is a rice dish served in Pakistan and India. This recipe includes raisins, pine nuts, cashews and peas and is a perfect side dish for Pakistani Roast Chicken.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes (including rice cooking time) Servings: 4
- 1 cup basmati rice (2 cups cooked)
- 1/4 cup seedless raisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook rice according to directions.
- When rice is done, melt butter in a medium skillet* over medium high heat. Add rice and saute for 1 minute. Add raisins, nuts, peas and salt. Saute for 2 – 3 minutes until nuts begin to brown. Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.