Swedish Mashed Potatoes Recipe
The addition of nutmeg to this creamy mashed potato recipe boosts the flavor level up a notch with a subtle spiciness.
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes | Serves: 10-12
- 4 pounds Yukon gold or russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, or to taste
- 1 Kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, or to taste
- Placed peeled and cubed potatoes in large pot. Cover potatoes with salted water. Bring water to boil and boil potatoes for about 8-10 minutes until fork tender.
- When the potatoes are nearly done cooking, add the milk to a separate saucepan and heat to simmering point, but don’t allow to boil.
- Drain cooked potatoes and return to pot. With a hand beater or hand masher, mash the potatoes until smooth and lump free. Add simmering milk and continue mashing until smooth. Add sour cream, butter, and seasonings to taste.
Copyright © 2017 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.