Persian Wild-Orange Rice Recipe
Persian orange flavored rice is delicious with the crunchiness of almonds and pistachios. Exotic and fabulous!
Prep: 30 minutes | Cook: 20-30 minutes | Serves: 6-8
- 2 large seedless oranges
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 cup slivered blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper — to taste
- Peel oranges. Remove as much of white as possible from the oranges.
- In a blender, puree oranges, garlic, ginger, saffron, red pepper flakes, curry powder, cinnamon, dill, salt, orange juice concentrate, sugar, and anise.
- In a large skillet with lid, melt butter. Pour in contents of blender and chicken broth and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add rice and stir. Cover and cook rice according to its package directions.
- Stir gently to fluff; add almonds, pistachios, and parsley, and fluff again. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pile into a serving dish and serve hot.
Copyright © 2017 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.