Celia’s Butter Beans Recipe
After cooking the lima beans with the ham in the crockpot for 11 hours, the beans in this recipe truly are buttery.
Preparation: 10 minutes (the beans need to soak overnight) | Cook: 11 hours | Serves: 8
- 1 pound of dried small lima beans
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 ham hocks
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- Soak the lima beans overnight in 2 ½ times more water than beans.
- Drain and place the beans in a crockpot. Add enough water to cover the beans.
- Add the onions, green pepper and ham.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Add the bay leaves, seasoning, and pepper.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
Copyright © 2017 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.