Very Special Gingerbread Recipe
This gingerbread is rich, spicy and aromatic. It’s delicious topped with whipped vanilla cinnamon honey butter. Bake it in a 8″ square pan, 9″ loaf pan or in mini muffin cups.
Prep: 10 mins | Bake: 25-28 minutes | Yield: 8 servings
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease and flour a 9-inch square pan or loaf pan, or a mini-muffin pan.
- Bring water to boil in saucepan. Stir in butter and remove from heat when butter melted. Stir in brown sugar and molasses until combined. Allow mixture to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to large mixing bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla, until combined.
- Whisk the spices, baking soda, and flour together. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat on low speed until combined. Fold in the crystallized ginger.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan, and bake for 25 to 28 minutes for square pan and loaf pan, or 20-25 for mini-muffin pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Delicious topped with Whipped Vanilla Cinnamon Honey Butter: Whip together 1/4 cup softened butter, 1/2 teaspoon of honey, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
Recipe adapated from KingArthurFlour.com Hot & Sweet Gingerbread
Copyright © 2017 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.