Honey Cakes Recipe
“‘These are Mary’s honey cakes. Cakes for the Queen of Heaven,’ August said.”
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 18 minutes | Makes 8 individual cakes
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup creamed honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8 6-ounce custard cups.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, sugar and honey until well blended, about 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and egg. Scrape sides of bowl and beat until well combined.
- In another bowl, stir together baking powder, salt and flour. Alternate adding the flour mixture and heavy cream to batter, beginning and ending with flour.
- Fill each custard cup about 2/3 full of batter. Bake 20-25 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE. Let cool about 5 minutes then remove from pan and place each cake on a small lipped serving plate.
- Prepare glaze by melting butter in saucepan. Add honey and brown sugar. Bring to boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Poke honey cakes with a toothpick all over. Brush or spoon glaze all over each honey cake until glaze is gone. Allow cakes to cool completely.
Copyright © 2017 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.