Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 10 minutes | Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With a large wooden spoon, mix together the softened cream cheese and butter until well combined. Stir in egg and vanilla. Mix in the cake mix until combined, then add the chips.
- Drop cookies by teaspoon unto cookie sheets. Bake for 9-10 minutes until cookies are just starting to brown.
Experiment with this recipe by trying different cake mix flavor and substituting nuts or other candies for the chips. I’ve used a chocolate cake mix with peanut butter chips. Yummy! Next up I’m going to try a yellow cake mix with toffee chips.