Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe
Cranberry and orange are two fresh flavors that go together beautifully. If you are looking for a recipe for a tea party or brunch, these Cranberry Orange Scones are perfect.
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Servings: 10 – 12
- 4 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 3/4 pound cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/4 cup cold buttermilk
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 teaspoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoon milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix sifted flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and orange zest. Cut cold butter into dry ingredients with a pastry blender until the butter is the size of peas. Mix in the dried cranberries.
3. Slowly add the cold buttermilk, mixing with a fork until clumps form.
4. Generously flour surface, hands, and rolling pin. Place dough on floured surface and knead into a ball. Roll the dough out until 3/4 inch thick. Flour a 3 inch round cutter and cut dough into circles. Transfer circles onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Repeat with scrap dough until dough is all used.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until tops of scones are browned. Let scones cool for 20 minutes.
6. Mix confectioners sugar, fresh squeezed orange juice and mix with a fork. Drizzle icing over scones.
Copyright © 2017 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.