Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Recipe
These hearty muffins are made healthier by adding whole wheat flour and wheat germ, as well as dark chocolate chips which are a health food in my book.
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 10 minutes | Yield: 36 mini muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 kids snack pack of applesauce or about 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease mini muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, wheat flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the bananas, brown sugar, eggs, melted butter, applesauce and vanilla. Gently stir into the flour mixture until just moistened. The batter should be a little lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Copyright © 2017 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.