Greek Wedding Soup Recipe
This recipe is adapted from Rachel Ray’s fabulous Greek Wedding Soup. I made some additions and substitutions and changed the ingredient portions up a tiny bit. This lemony meatball soup turned out wonderful.
This recipe is adapted from Rachel Ray’s fabulous Greek Wedding Soup. I made some additions and substitutions and changed the ingredient portions up a tiny bit. This lemony meatball soup turned out wonderful. Rachel’s original recipe can be found here.
Inspired by The Marriage Plot
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4-6
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or lamb)
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 pound baby spinach
- Grated lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup chopped mint leaves, optional
- Add the chicken broth to a large soup pot. Bring the broth to boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef, parsley, bread crumbs, feta cheese, egg, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Shape beef mixture into 1-inch balls, then add to the simmering chicken broth. Stir in the arborio rice and return to simmer. Continue to simmer for 12 minutes. Add the baby spinach and simmer for 3 minute. Stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice. Remove from heat and garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.