Sep 22nd, 2010 by Lisa
Chilled Vegetable Soup Recipe
Do your body good with a soup loaded with vegetables. This soup tastes even better if you chill it overnight. Garnish with croutons or Parmesan wafers.
Inspired by The Forgotten Garden
Prep time: 25 minutes Chill time: at least 4 hours Serves: 12
- 1 can tomato juice (46 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, like Tabasco
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine the tomato juice, vegetable oil, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, hot sauce and salt and pepper in a large container that you can seal, like Tupperware, and stir well.
- Add the chopped vegetables and mix well.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. It is even better if you chill it overnight.
- Serve with croutons or Parmesan wafers.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.