Sep 13th, 2010 by Lori
Bean Jar Soup Recipe
This recipe was traditionally made in pottery jars or bean jars that were cooked overnight in the local baker’s oven. I have tweaked the recipe a little to make it easier for your book club party.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Bean Soak Time: Overnight Cook Time: 6 1/2 hours Servings: 8-10 as appetizer
- 2 cups lima beans
- 2 cups navy beans
- 6 bone in pork chops
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 cup beef stock
- salt and pepper
- Sort beans and soak beans in large pot overnight.
- Drain water and place beans in pot to boil for 30 minutes.
- Put beans, chopped onion, pork chops and beef stock in crock-pot.
- Cook on low for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Remove the pork chops from the soup and remove the meat from the bone, cutting into bite size pieces. Put meat back in soup and gently stir.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.