Turkey Gravy Recipe
While turkey is roasting, prepare this smooth and delicious gravy.
Click HERE for our roast turkey recipe.
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 2 hours Yield: 5 cups
- Neck and giblets from turkey
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, including leaves, chopped
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of coarse ground pepper
- 5 cups of water
- 1/2 cup flour
- turkey stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Prepare turkey stock by adding ingredients to large stock pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat and allow stock to simmer for two hours. Strain the stock through a fine mesh colander.
- Add flour to 4 quart saucepan and whisk in about 2 cups of broth. Place saucepan over medium-high heat and slowly whisk in remaining turkey stock. Bring to boil whisking constantly until thickened. Season with salt.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.