Warm Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
A light and flavorful salad!
Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Makes 4 servings
- Log of creamy goat cheese (any kind you like) 18 ounce
- 1 cup of finely chopped herbs
- 1 ½ cups of dried bread crumbs (Japanese panko are best)
- Large bag of mixed baby salad greens – enough to make four salads
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup of good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon any fresh herbs finely chopped
- Slice the goat cheese into ½ inch slices. Using dental floss is a great way to slice through this soft cheese.
- On a clean plate mix the herbs with salt and pepper. Coat the slices of goat cheese in the herb mixture. On another plate spread out bread crumbs. Dredge cheese in bread crumbs.
- To prepare the dressing you need to combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar and herbs. Whisk together until well blended.
- Add greens to a large salad bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat with olive oil until hot. Add the cheese slices and sauté until the breadcrumbs are golden brown on each side.
- Top salad with hot goat cheese and serve immediately.
Copyright © 2017 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.