Oct 6th, 2010 by Marilyn
Tortellini Salmon Salad with Lemon Dill Dressing Recipe
This salad with tortellini and salmon is topped with a refreshing lemon-dill dressing and will satisfy any size appetite. Serve with sourdough bread.
Inspired by The Widower’s Tale
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: approximately 18 minutes Servings: 4
Lemon Dill Dressing
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 9 ounce package three cheese tortellini
- 2 frozen salmon fillets, thawed
- olive oil to drizzle over salmon
- salt and pepper, to season salmon to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 ounces spring mix or any salad greens
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Loaf of sourdough bread
- Lemon Dill Dressing: mix all ingredients thoroughly and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Salad: Place salmon fillets on plate and season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil, gentle turn salmon and repeat. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Place butter in pan and swirl pan over heat to distribute butter. Add salmon to the pan. Cook for aprroximately 5 minutes then gently flip salmon with spatula. Cook for approximately 5 more minutes. To make sure salmon is done, test to ensure that fish is flaky. Remove salmon from pan and set aside to cool. Cut salmon into approximately 1 inch by 1 inch chunks. (Can be refrigerated if not ready to assemble salad).
- Cook tortellini according to directions on package. Drain tortellini in colander and cool with cold water. Shake to remove access water. Allow to cool. (Can be refrigerated if not ready to assemble salad).
- Place salad greens in a large salad bowl. Add tortellini and salmon and gently toss. You can serve with dressing on the side or gently toss dressing with salad. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve with sour dough bread.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.