Sep 9th, 2011 by Marilyn
Southwestern Cornbread Salad Recipe
Lori brought this flavorful salad to our Into the Wild book club party. The combination of leafy greens, black beans, corn and bacon topped with cornbread crumbles turns this salad into a meal.
Inspired by Into the Wild
Prep Time: 20 minutes Chill Time: 2 hours Servings: 10-12
- 1 package Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 package buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- 1 small head romaine lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 can black beans, well drained
- 1 can Mexican corn, well drained
- 1 package shredded Mexican four cheese blend
- 6 bacon slices cooked and crumbled
- 5 green onions chopped
- Prepare cornbread and dressing according to package directions and set aside.
- Tear the romaine lettuce into bite size pieces and set aside.
- In a large serving bowl layer half the cornbread, tomatoes, black beans, corn, cheese blend, bacon and green onions. Spoon half of dressing over top. Add lettuce. Top with remaining ingredients and dressing.
- Cover salad and chill at least 2 hours.
Serve your salad in this glass salad bowl so your guests can see the layers of goodness.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.