Nov 11th, 2010 by Annie
Ontario Parmesan Spinach Salad and Grilled Asparagus Recipe
Ontario Parmesan Spinach Salad and Grilled Asparagus is a great dinner salad, but is also wonderful for a light lunch served with some Pillow-Soft Classic Dinner Rolls.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Snap ends off asparagus and peel with vegetable peeler. Place on baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over asparagus. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. With hands mix asparagus, olive oil, and seasoning together making sure that asparagus is coated. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes until tender. Set aside a few minutes to cool, cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
- In small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, honey mustard, garlic, mint, and salt and pepper to taste. Place spinach, asparagus, and red onion in large serving bowl. Toss with just enough dressing to coat. Sprinkle crumbled bacon and Parmesan cheese over top.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.