Israeli Salad Recipe
Israeli Salad is made with cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, fresh herbs, romaine lettuce and whatever other goodies you want to add. This recipe includes feta cheese and pine nuts. It’s topped off with a delicious lemon and olive oil dressing.
Inspired by The Dovekeepers
Prep time: 20 minutes Serves: 6-8
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 carrot, grated
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Coarse black pepper, to taste
- Toss the vegetables and herbs together in a large bowl. Top salad with roasted pine nuts and feta cheese. (Note: I roast pine nuts by placing in a small skillet over medium heat. Shake skillet occasionally until pine nuts are golden.)
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour over salad right before serving.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.