Nov 8th, 2011 by Annie
Crunchy Broccoli Romaine Salad Recipe
This salad of fresh broccoli florets and romaine lettuce is topped with a sweet soy sauce dressing and crunchy ramen noodles. This recipe makes a big salad, but I bet there won’t be any leftovers.
Inspired by The Magicians
Prep time: 15 minutes Dressing chill time: 1 hour Serves: 6-8
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, broken, flavor packet discarded
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, torn
- Broccoli florets from two fresh broccoli heads
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce. Sample the dressing and add salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and chill for at least one hour.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Add the broken ramen noodles (discard flavor packet) and saute until noodles are golden brown. Set aside.
- Toss together the romaine lettuce, broccoli florets, and green onion in a large salad bowl. Add ramen noodles and dressing. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.