Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Servings: 8
- 16 ounce bag chopped cole slaw mix
- 1/2 cup diced green onions, chopped, discard green stalk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 package ramen noodles
- 4 ounces slivered almonds, toasted
Sweet and Sour Dressing
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Toast slivered almonds by heating up a heavy ungreased skillet over medium heat. Add almonds and continuously stir until almonds are golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Remove almonds from skillet and set aside.
2. Place chopped cole slaw and chopped green onions in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Mix ingredients of dressing and whisk until sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad and toss. I found it easier to toss with my hands to make sure dressing completely coats chopped vegetables.
4. Toss in noodles and toasted slivered almonds.
5. Let salad sit before serving to enhance flavors.
6. Toss salad one more time before serving. Serve with chopsticks.