Jan 20th, 2012 by Annie
Chilled Cauliflower and Toasted Pine Nuts Salad Recipe
I love this crunchy tangy cauliflower salad with toasted pine nuts and a creamy dressing.
Inspired by Winter’s Tale
Prep time: 20 minutes Chill time: 1 hour Serves: 8
- 1 head cauliflower, cut florets into bite-sized pieces, discard thick stem
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water with 2 tablespoons of salt to boil. Add cauliflower florets and return to boil. Boil for 1 minute only. Drain and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower to a large bowl. Mix in onion and toasted pine nuts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over cauliflower mixture. Mix well and chill for at least an hour before serving.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.