White Lasagna Recipe
This chicken lasagna recipe is loaded with mushrooms, cheeses and herbs. It’s easy to assemble and a true comfort food.
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 50 minutes | Serves: 6-8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups cooked, diced chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 cups half & half, in all
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock, in all
- 1 box oven-ready lasagna noodles (12 noodles)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and heat through. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minutes. Add butter and mushrooms, Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in salt, white pepper, oregano and thyme leaves. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of half-in-half into the cooking chicken/mushroom mixture. In a small bowl, add flour and slowly whisk in remaining 1/2 cup of half-in-half. Stir into chicken/mushroom mixture. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock. (Reserve remaining 1/2 cup of chicken stock.) Cook until mixture thickens.
- Pour the remaining 1/2 cup of chicken stock into the bottom of 13×9″ baking dish (this will prevent bottom layer of noodles from sticking to pan).
- Lay three of the lasagna noodles over the chicken stock. The noodles should not touch or overlap since they will expand during baking. Spoon about a 1/4 of the chicken/mushroom mixture over the noodles. Top with about 1/2 cup each of the mozzarella and Monterey jack cheeses. Repeat noodles/chicken mixture/cheeses for three more layers. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes until bubbly.
Copyright © 2017 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.