Vegetable Cashew Korma Recipe
Vegetable Cashew Korma is an incredibly fragrant dish seasoned with ginger and curry powder. This Indian-inspired recipe is full of vegetables and flavor.
Try it served over cilantro rice and with warm parathas.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com Vegetarian Korma
Inspired by Life of Pi
Click here for more book club party ideas for Life of Pi by Yann Martel.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped and seeded
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 yellow thin skin potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup ground cashews
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup julienned carrots (carrots are cut in long, thin strips)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- fresh cilantro and fresh diced tomatoes for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add onion and sautee for about 3 minutes. Add jalapeno, garlic and ginger, and continue cooking for 1 minute. Stir in potatoes and water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix in ground cashews, salt, curry powder, carrots, green and red bell pepper, peas, chopped tomatoes, and heavy cream. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add a bit more water if sauce is too thick. Garnish with fresh cilantro and diced tomatoes.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.