Turkey Mole with Almonds and Sesame Seeds Recipe
Turkey mole is a traditional Mexican dish. It is full of flavor and spices. The mole sauce is made with chocolate.
Prep: 30 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes | Serves: 6
- 1 turkey, cooked
- a handful of almonds
- a handful of sesame seeds
- a handful of peanuts
- seeds from the chiles (below)
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 1/4 chile mulato
- 3 chiles pasillas
- 3 chiles anchos
- 2 cups turkey stock
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon anise
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- a hard roll (1/3 concha loaf)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup wine
- 2 squares of chocolate
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Toast the almonds, sesame seeds, peanuts and seeds from the chiles in a griddle. In a separate frying pan with a little lard, the chiles, with their membranes removed, are also toasted – lightly, so they don’t get bitter. Ground the toasted chiles, nuts and seeds on a stone.
- When the almond and sesame seeds have been thoroughly ground, mix them with the stock in which the turkey was cooked and add salt to taste.
- Grind the cloves, cinnamon, anise and pepper in a mortar, adding the roll last, after frying it in lard with chopped onion and garlic. Combine this mixture with the wine and blend well.
- Combine all the ingredients for the mole in a large earthenware pan, add the cut up turkey, chocolate and sugar to taste. As soon as the mixture thickens, remove it from the heat. (Puree it with an immersion blender).
Copyright © 2017 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.