Swedish Meatballs with Cream Sauce Recipe
This is an excellent (and easy!) recipe for Swedish meatballs. These meatballs are oven baked and served a rich cream sauce.
Adapted from Anne’s Food, a blog based in Sweden.
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 25-30 minutes | Serves: 8
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of allspice, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and lightly grease foil.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Combine everything in a large bowl and mix well.
- Form into small round balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked through. Turn once halfway through cooking.
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- pan drippings
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the beef stock into the roasting pan and swirl to pick up the pan drippings. Place into a saucepan and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook until thickened stirring occasionally.
Copyright © 2017 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.