Prep:15 minutes | Cook: 12-15 minutes | Servings: 6
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled with the tails left on
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Set a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray (see picture below).
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Combine the egg and buttermilk and place in another bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs and creole seasoning and place in a third bowl.
- Place the shrimp first in the flour, then the buttermilk mixture and then the breadcrumbs, coating completely at each step.
- Place the shrimp on the wire rack and spray lightly with the cooking spray. Bake for 12- 15 minutes or until golden brown.