Spicy Baked Fried Shrimp Recipe
This shrimp recipe is baked but has the tasty crunchy coating you get when you make fried shrimp.
Inspired by On Folly Beach
Click here for more book club ideas for On Folly Beach by Karen White.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 12-15 minutes Servings: 6
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled with the tails left on
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Set a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray (see picture below).
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Combine the egg and buttermilk and place in another bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs and creole seasoning and place in a third bowl.
- Place the shrimp first in the flour, then the buttermilk mixture and then the breadcrumbs, coating completely at each step.
- Place the shrimp on the wire rack and spray lightly with the cooking spray. Bake for 12- 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.