Roasted Chicken and Potatoes with Rosemary Recipe
This roasted chicken is very moist and the skin is loaded with flavor (something I don’t normally eat, but couldn’t resist!)
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour
- 1 whole roasting chicken, about 4-6 pounds
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, cut into cubes
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Rinse the chicken then thoroughly dry it inside and out with paper towels.
- Place the chicken, breast side up, and potatoes in a roasting dish. Place a few sprigs of rosemary inside the chicken cavity. Coat with the olive oil. Sprinkle the 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt onto the skin of the chicken. Add the rosemary, oregano, garlic salt and pepper to taste evenly over the chicken and potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for one hour. Juices should run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh.
Copyright © 2017 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.