Aug 14th, 2012 by Lisa
Pumpkin Ravioli with Butter Sage Sauce Recipe
Nothing tastes better with pumpkin ravioli than a browned butter and sage sauce. Add balsamic vinegar, pine nuts and parmesan for a dish that will surely please your book club guests.
Inspired by Still Alice
Prep: 15 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Serves: 8
- 2 pounds prepared pumpkin ravioli
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 24 fresh sage leaves
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup roasted pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese
- Prepare ravioli according to directions. Be sure to add a little vegetable oil to the water to prevent the ravioli from sticking to each other.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the sage leaves and continue cooking about 5 minutes or until butter starts to brown. Remove from the heat and stir in a splash of balsamic vinegar (a hefty splash if you love it as much as I do).
- Arrange the ravioli and drizzle on the butter sauce. Sprinkle on the pine nuts and parmesan cheese and garnish with the sage leaves.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.