Kartoffelsuppe Mit Wurstchen Recipe
This is an easy to prepare, delicious, traditional German sausage and potato soup. The fresh dill makes this soup extra special.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 1 1/2 hours Serves: 8
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 links good smoked pork sausage (German or Polish), cut into 1/4″ rounds
- 1 lb small red potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- salt, to taste
- coarse ground pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven or heavy soup pot over medium heat. Add sliced onion and cook until onions are caramelized, approximately 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add garlic to pot and cook for 3 minutes. Add sausage rounds. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Add the red potatoes and chicken stock. Add enough water to completely cover the potatoes and sausage. Add 1/2 cup of the fresh dill. Cover the pot and allow soup to simmer for about an hour on low heat.
- Remove the soup pot from the heat and taste the broth. Add salt and course ground pepper to taste. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of fresh dill.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.