Grilled Lamb Loin Chops with Garlic and Herbs Recipe
Lamb loin chops are the most tender chops on the lamb and are, therefore, more expensive. However, they are well worth the extra expense. Lamb loin chops resemble little t-bones. They are best cut thick and grilled or broiled to medium-rare or medium doneness.
Prep Time: 15 minutes + 3-4 hours refrigeration Cook Time: 6-10 minutes Servings: 4
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo Chili Pepper (or substitute 1 teaspoon paprika and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper)
- Coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 lamb loin chops, each cut about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 inch thick
- About 3-4 hours before serving: Place all ingredients in gallon zip lock bag and shake until lamb loin chops are thoroughly coated. Place bag in refrigerator and keep turning bag over every 30 minutes.
- About 30 minutes before serving, remove lamb loin chops from refrigerator and place on counter to warm to room temperature. Prepare a medium-high grill. Grill chops to desired doneness, about 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare, 5-6 minutes per side for medium.
- Garnish with mint, if desired.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.