Aug 14th, 2010 by Lisa
Green Bean and Spinach Pasta Recipe
The wagon wheels in this pasta dish are perfect for your book club party for The Art of Racing in the Rain.
Inspired by The Art of Racing in the Rain
Prep: 20 minutes Cook time: 8 minutes Serves: 6
- 1 pound wagon wheel pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- Cook the wagon wheel pasta according to directions in salted water with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter then add olive oil and saute the garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the green beans and saute for 10 minutes. Add the spinach and saute until just wilted.
- Combine the pasta, green bean/spinach mixture, pesto, salt and pepper and parmesan cheese in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.