Greek Hot Dog Recipe
This Greek hot dog recipe is topped with tzatziki sauce and a feta and olive spread. The hot dogs are cooked in a frying pan, just as they are in “Middlesex” by Jeffrey Eugenides.
Inspired by Middlesex
Prep: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes Serves: 8
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- Feta and Olive Spread
- 1 container Greek yogurt (16 ounces)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tzatziki: In a medium bowl, stir the Greek yogurt, cucumber lemon juice, garlic and salt. Set aside.
- Spray a frying pan with olive oil cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add the hot dogs and cook about 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Place the hot dog in the bun and top with the tzatziki sauce, then the feta and olive spread.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.