May 4th, 2012 by Annie
Granny’s Carne Guisada Recipe
Mexican food is my family’s favorite and Granny’s Carne Guisada Recipe is at the top of that list! I call this recipe Granny’s Carne Guisada because that’s who sweetly shared her loved-by-many recipe.
Inspired by Caramelo
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Serves: 8-10
- 2 round steaks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup of tomato sauce, or fresh chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of comino (cumin)
- With a good knife* trim round streak and cut into bite-size cubes. Heat olive oil in heavy skillet*, add round steak, onion, jalapeno, and garlic and cook until the meat is browned and the onion is tender.
- Add the flour, stirring to blend it with the pan juices. Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper and comino and simmer, covered for 45 minutes. Serve with flour tortillas or corn tortillas, pico de gallo, Spanish rice and pinto beans.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.