Apr 10th, 2012 by Annie
Frikadeller (Danish Meatballs) Recipe
Inspired by Anna’s Book
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Serves: 8
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely minced
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs (I use Panko)
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine beef, pork and bread crumbs. With hands work in milk, eggs, salt and 1 teaspoon of coarse ground pepper. Roll into balls (the size of a meatball) then, either leave as balls or gently flatten to form small oval patties.
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet. Cook patties for about 4-5 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Remove and keep warm. Whisk flour into the pan drippings. Gradually whisk in stock. Continue whisking until thickened. Whisk in 1/2 teaspoon of coarse ground pepper, the heavy cream and sour cream and heat through. Return patties to skillet and gently spoon sauce over the patties. Serve frikadeller immediately.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.