Crispy Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu is a wonderful combination of boneless chicken breast, thin slices of ham and Swiss cheese, all rolled together, breaded and fried to crispy golden goodness.
Inspired by Darling Jim
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: ~30 minutes Serves: 6
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 thin slices of Swiss cheese
- 6 thin slices of ham
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt
- Coarse ground pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs, preferably Panko
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash chicken breasts and pat dry. Between two pieces of plastic wrap, gently pound out chicken to 1/4 inch thickness. Be careful not to tear chicken. Place a cheese and ham slice on each chicken breast. Tightly roll each chicken breast over the cheese and ham and squeeze the chicken roll to help seal. Secure seal with toothpicks, if necessary.
- Mix the flour and paprika together in a flat dish. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside. Mix bread crumbs and thyme together in another flat dish. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside. In another dish, mix whisk together eggs and water. Arrange dishes next to stove top where the chicken will be frying.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Lightly dust chicken rolls with flour mixture, then dip into egg mixture. Gently coat each roll in the bread crumbs and place in pan to fry. Cook until chicken is browned on all sides and juices run clear. Transfer breasts to serving plate. Remove toothpicks if used. Serve with a wedge of lemon or a cream sauce, if desired.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.