Aug 23rd, 2012 by Annie
Burmese Vegetable Curry Recipe
This Burmese-style vegetable curry is subtly flavored with coconut milk, ginger, curry powder, and turmeric. The flavor of this dish is exotic but not overpowering. The vegetables listed in this recipe are what I used when preparing the dish for this post, but any of your favorite fresh vegetables can be substituted.
This recipe was adapted from Suekha.com
Inspired by The Art of Hearing Heartbeats
Prep Time: 15 minutes (to chop vegetables) Cook Time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons oil – peanut, palm or vegetable
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 – 2 tablespoons red curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in red curry powder and turmeric. Add chopped vegetables and saute for about 3 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and bring to boil. Add sugar, salt and lime juice. Return to simmer for 8 minutes.
- Serve vegetables over rice noodles or cilantro rice.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.