Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe
This pumpkin pie cake uses cake mix in the crust as well as the topping. The crust is lighter than a typical pumpkin pie, but all the flavor and then some is there. This would be the perfect dessert to top off a Thanksgiving meal.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (reserve one cup)
- 3/4 stick butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves or allspice
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup reserved cake mix
- 1/4 stick butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven the 350°F. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan.
- Mix the cake mix (reserving 1 cup for the topping), melted butter and egg. Press into the prepared dish.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together and pour over the crust.
- Mix all the topping ingredients together and sprinkle over the top of the pie filling.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Cool, cut into squares and serve.
|Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth Fish Reads. Head over to her site to see delicious posts about all things food-related.|
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.