Jan 10th, 2011 by Lisa
Swedish Pancakes with Lingonberries Recipe
In trying to find ideas for a Swedish meal I raided the aisles of the nearby IKEA. I found a Swedish pancake mix that I wanted to try (Amazon also sells it). I gave it a more homemade taste by adding some vanilla extract and sugar.
Inspired by The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Prep: 10 minutes Cook Time: 3 minutes Makes: 10 pancakes
- 1 package 14.1 ounce Swedish Pancake Mix
- 3 3/4 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lingonberry preserves
- Powdered sugar
- Sour cream
- Place the pancake mix in a medium bowl and add the water and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Heat some butter in a nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Add a thin layer of the batter and cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Roll the pancakes and place on a plate.
- Before spooning the preserves over the pancake, place them in the microwave for 20 seconds. You could also make the pancakes with the preserves rolled up inside.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and a dollop of sour cream.
You could also make smaller pancakes using this Scandinavian silver dollar pan.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.