Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce Recipe
Ooey and gooey and simply scrumptious, Sticky Toffee Pudding is a hit at any gathering.
Inspired by Jane Eyre
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Serves: 8
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour an 8” x 2” round cake pan.
- Place water and dates in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, allow to stand, covered for 5 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Mix in flour and baking soda.
- Add the dates, do NOT drain water. Beat on high for 1 minute.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- When pudding has about 10 minutes of bake time remaining, prepare the toffee sauce. Combine all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a gentle boil and while stirring constantly continue to boil until sugar is dissolved and sauce is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover.
- When pudding is done, remove to rack and poke holes all over top of cake with a fork. Pour half of toffee sauce over top, allowing it to soak into the cake for about 20 minutes.
- Run a knife around edge of cake pan and invert pudding onto serving plate.
- Pour remaining warm toffee sauce over pudding and serve immediately with vanilla ice cream.
|A good, heavy saucepan such as the Farberware Classic 2-Quart Saucepan with Lid is a good investment when preparing your special sauces.|
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.