Oct 10th, 2011 by Lisa
Scottish Sticky Toffee Pudding with Ginger Recipe
Annie had already posted a Sticky Toffee Pudding Recipe on our site, but when I found this recipe with ginger in it on Tour Scotland, I had to give it a try. The ginger taste is very mild so the next time I make it, I am going to double the amount of ginger.
Inspired by The Winter Sea
Click here for more book club party ideas for The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley.
Prep: 25 minutes Cook time: 40-50 minutes Serves: 6
- 3/4 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8 inch round tin; set aside.
- Place the dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Mix in the baking soda and set aside for ten minutes.
- Sift the flour and ginger together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well. Stir in the flour mixture, then the date mixture.
- Spread evenly in the prepared tin. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Sauce: Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the sugar and cream and simmer gently for 2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Turn out the cake, dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve with the sauce.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.