Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
I have tried adding different ingredients to my Rice Krispie treats, but the classic version is the one I love the most. These are in the shape of Ohio (kind of), the setting of “The Weird Sisters” by Eleanor Brown.
You can check out my blog post to see the other states we made.
Inspired by The Weird Sisters
Prep: 15 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 package (10 ounce) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- Melt margarine or butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into a 13x9x2 inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cut into 2 inch squares when cool.
We used this puzzle by Melissa and Doug, available at Amazon.com, as the template for the states:
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.