Oct 20th, 2011 by Annie
Puppy Chow Recipe
Puppy Chow is a no-bake sweet treat made with Rice Chex® cereal, peanut butter, and chocolate. This treat is great for a party and the kids love it too!
Inspired by Rin Tin Tin: The Life and The Legend
Prep time: 15 minutes Yield: ~ 10 cups of puppy chow (plenty for a party)
- 9 cups Rice Chex® cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Place cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. Mixture should be smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the cereal and stir until evenly coated. Transfer cereal mixture to 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the powdered sugar, seal the bag, and shake until well coated. Spread the puppy chow out on wax paper to cool. Store in airtight container.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.